Tuesday, December 11, 2007

More PAN-demonium

I hear startup Kleer hopes to make a splash at CES in January with its proprietary alternative to Bluetooth used last year in MP3 players from Thomson. But I have yet to see a solid technical analysis comparing Kleer's technology to Bluetooth. If you have some data on this, please post a comment or email me at rbmerrit@cmp.com

I am also still waiting for word on a Wibree killer in the works from Qualcomm. The company said earlier this year it has something in the labs. But I have yet to see any details leak out on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think that anyone has published a technical analysis. Their site has a page comparing Bluetooth to Kleer's technology (http://www.kleer.com/pages/kaocwt.html), but I presume that the slew of companies that have endorsed the format (and are announcing support at CES 2008) have done their own evaluation. Maybe they can provide more data?

 
interconnects