Friday, June 08, 2007

Flash slowly steps ahead

I hear Marvell is planning to deliver a flash controller for the emerging market for solid state drives, but I am having problems getting any of the Marvell-ous ones to talk to me about it. If you have any details about this or other flash controllers drop me a note at rbmerrit@cmp.com or leave a post here.

I am especially interested in controllers that try to solve some of the problems that are keeping multi-level cell flash out of computer systems. MLC flash has a tenth the number of rewrite cycles and perhaps ten times the bit error rates of its lower capacity cousin the single-level cell flash. I know of at least one company addressing some of these issues but would like to hear from others as I research this sector for a story to come at EE Times.

No comments:

 
interconnects